Indooroopilly Golf Club (IGC) is one of Australia’s most highly respected private golf clubs, situated on a 131 hectare site 10 kilometres from the Brisbane CBD. The 36-hole complex features four nines of different character together with extensive training and practice facilities. The course is on a peninsula surrounded by the Brisbane River.
The Club was founded in 1926 and today has around 2,000 members. A step change opportunity is presenting that enables the Club to enter a significant development growth phase and position IGC as an industry leading facility.
IGC is now accepting applications from innovative industry professionals for the position of Director of Golf. The successful applicant will actively guide the golf operations team in providing exceptional levels of service to establish the IGC golf experience as world class.
- Oversee the management and performance of all golf shop and applicable department operations and services, assuring high standards and total customer satisfaction.
- Enforce all rules and regulations governing golf course usage.
- Develop plans and strategies with CEO for continual improvement of the golf operations department, resource allocations and personnel both short and long term.
- Responsible for a workplace culture that fosters both team and individual achievement for up to 20 staff.
- Manage the department resources in a fiscally responsible and professional manner.
- Build collaborative working relationships with other departments.
- Meet, greet and welcome prospective members via the Club’s membership program.
- Develop and oversee golf instruction, competitive golf fixtures, pennants, clinics and player development programs.
- Proven management record within the golf industry of exceptional levels of service and personnel management practices;
- Prior members golf club and/or high end resort experience is advantageous;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, budget and manage an expanding high end operation;
- Proven experience in managing staff and budgets and providing inspirational leadership;
- 3 years’ experience as a Director of Golf/Golf Manager or Assistant General Manager;
- Minimally hold a recognised qualification in golf management and/or hospitality;
- Effective listening, verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with people in a variety of circumstance from various backgrounds;
- Possess a thorough, organized and detail-oriented approach to work with strong interpersonal skills;
- Able to plan, prioritize and co-ordinate, multi-task and complete work assignments within deadlines;
- Valid driver’s license and qualified to work full time within Australia;
The successful applicant will enjoy a vibrant club atmosphere and an appropriate remuneration package.
Applications are to include a Cover Letter addressing all criteria and resume (with current referees) submitted by email Attention: Steve Lamerton, Chief Executive Officer
*Phone calls will not be accepted at this time.