Nudgee Golf Club is located on the north side of Brisbane, just 16 kilometres from the CBD and close to Brisbane Airport. Nudgee Golf Club is currently 12 months into a 2-year course re-development program which will deliver a minimum of 28 new holes of the 36 hole complex. During the construction program the club will offer a 27 hole layout for play but will return to a 36 hole facility by late 2021 upon the completion of James Wilcher course design project.
The club is bordered by Nudgee Beach, Kedron Brook and the Moreton Bay foreshores. The club was formed in 1930 as a 9 hole layout and transformed into an 18 hole layout in 1950. The club now has a full-service modern clubhouse, 300m driving range, practice putting greens, and over 1100 members who enjoy equality membership up to 7 days a week.
NGC is now accepting applications for industry professionals for the position of Director of Golf. The successful applicant will actively guide the Golf Operations Team in providing exceptional levels of service to establish the NGC golf experience as a benchmark for the golfing community.
We are seeking an enthusiastic PGA Member to lead and manage the Golf Operations to consistently exceed the expectations of our Members and Guests. The right applicant will have a strong work ethic, be committed to ongoing improvement and possess impressive communication skills. The Director of Golf will be responsible to manage the entire day to day operations of the Golf Shop.
Responsibilities & Key Performance Measures:
- Yearly Planning – Prepare and regularly review the business plan for golf operations
- Social and Member Play – Develop and oversee all member and social golfing calendars, competitions and daily conditions of play
- Reporting – Produce regular reports on financial performance, stock control, utilisation of facilities, sales and marketing activity, and human resources.
- Golf Shop – Meet the financial expectations of the Golf Shop by staffing, merchandising, purchasing (signing of Purchase Orders) and servicing the members & guests
- Corporate Golf – Oversee the selling and coordination of all corporate golf by regularly liaising with the Corporate Golf Coordinator
- Golf Course – Meet with golf course superintendent regularly documenting meeting notes and action items
- Staff Management/Supervision – Ensure that all golf services staff (including complete their daily responsibilities and requirements without incident or delay)
- Timesheets – Have daily timesheets built and displayed within the allocated timeframe via the MiClub software system
- Golf Coaching – Develop and implement coaching programs for Juniors, Ladies & Men. Ensure the coaching team is up to date with available coaching technology and training (Please note the Director of Golf will not deliver the coaching)
- Management Meetings – Attend all Heads of Department/GM meetings when scheduled tabling and actioning all things Golf Services if required
- WH&S Policy – Work with the clubs WH&S committee to develop and update all WH&S compliance for the Golf Services department
- Microsoft Office
- Staff Management
- Financial Reporting
- Customer Service
- At least 2 years in a same or similar role
- Advanced within Management/Small Business with the PGA ACE Program
- Tertiary educated within Business/Management
- Internal – General Manager, Department Heads, Golf Services Team
- External – Club Members, Suppliers, Corporate Network
- To be negotiated in line with the successful applicant’s skills and experience.
Please send your application including resume and cover letter to General Manager, Darren Richards via tab below by 25 May 2020.
Note, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The Club reserves the right to close applications early should the quality of applicants allow the process to be expedited.