The Royal Hobart Golf Club was founded in 1916 and the Royal Charter was conferred in 1925.
Located at Seven Mile Beach, the Club is 20 kilometres from Hobart on the Eastern Shore of the Derwent River.
Royal Hobart is recognised as Tasmania’s premier members’ Club and championship course and has hosted a number of major state and national events, including the 1971 Australian Open.
The Club is seeking a dynamic customer focused individual to take on the role of General Manager. The General Manager will be responsible for directing and managing the activities of the Club to ensure the provision of high quality and cost effective services to members and visitors under the general guidance of the Board.
Reporting to the Board, but with a high degree of operational independence, you will manage the physical, financial and human resources of the Club. You will also provide the Board with proactive and timely policy advice and secretariat support services and ensure that the Club’s standards, values and traditions are maintained.
The ideal applicant will have a strong financial background, proven experience in the development of effective working relationships with community groups and members. You will also need a demonstrated track record in leadership and people management and will take personal responsibility for creating successful outcomes for the business generally.
Experience in the golf club industry is not essential, although a sound knowledge and understanding of the game of golf is preferable.
As General Manager you will need to demonstrate:
- Responsibility for overall management and operations of the club on a day-to-day basis,
- Strong financial management, reporting and budgeting skills and experience,
- A commitment to customer service at all levels,
- Performance of duties with enthusiasm, professionalism and integrity,
- Strong strategic planning and implementation skills.
Ideally the successful candidate would have:
- Ability to lead and manage staff at all levels,
- An appreciation of the Club environment and culture,
- Managerial experience preferably within a sporting industry,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills,
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in management at a senior level,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Strong experience using MYOB.
A salary package commensurate with the skills and capabilities displayed by the successful applicant is on offer.
Please forward your application addressed to Mike Orloff, Managing Director Golf Industry Central Apply here by COB 27 December 2018.
(Sorry no phone calls will be taken at this time.) *All applicants must already have a right to work in Australia