Thirteenth Beach Golf Links comprises 36 holes of championship golf and is host venue to the $3m Vic Open. It has a strong membership base and welcomes visitors from across Australia and internationally to experience its courses. Since opening in 2001, the reputation of Thirteenth Beach Golf Links continues to grow with both courses highly ranked in course ratings in respected Australian golf publications.
Located on the Bellarine Peninsula, Thirteenth Beach has a rare and fantastic opportunity for a Golf Operations Manager to join our team. Thirteenth Beach has over 1,100 members and welcomes visitors each day of the week. This role requires flexibility and one weekend day to be worked each week, and public holidays.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring members and guests are serviced in a professional and friendly manner at all times
- Efficient running of Member Competitions, Corporate Golf, Social Groups and other events
- Efficient and accurate management of group bookings
- Accurate processing of members and guests’ handicaps
- Ability to assist members and guests with the Rules of Golf
- Lead and develop a team of engaged staff
- Managing Golf Shop merchandise, ensuring appropriate products are retailed, is within budget and stock is fully accounted for in regular stock takes
- Establish, develop and update standard operating procedures and processes
- Delivery of financial targets in line with annual budgets
- Working with the Marketing Executive to grow activity and participation in Club events and general public play
- Management of assets including the fleet of 55 golf carts
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
What you will bring:
- A minimum of 3 years relevant and demonstrable experience in a similar role
- A passion for service and professionalism
- A positive, can-do attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in sports management or equivalent would be desirable
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and manage a team of mainly casual staff
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to detail and a proactive approach
Remuneration offered will be dependent on skills and experience.
Candidates must have the right to work in Australia.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to the General Manager.
Due to the volume of applicants, only those shortlisted will be contacted.