The Australian Golf Club, located near the Sydney CBD, is Australia’s oldest and one of its most prestigious private member golf clubs. The Club is seeking to recruit a full time Golf Shop Manager to service the membership and lead the golf shop operation.
Reporting to the Director of Golf, the Golf Shop Manager will share responsibility for the management of all aspects of the golf operation, consistently delivering customer service excellence and always meeting or exceeding member and guest expectations.
Areas of responsibility include but not limited to:
• Shop Administration – Invoicing, Monthly Stocktaking, Point of Sale Management.
• Manage stock control and ordering, pricing, and bar-coding.
• Assist Competition Administration.
• Daily Tee Sheet Management.
• Manage and control our purchasing systems.
• Assist Director of Golf with apparel buying.
• Oversee Golf Shop budgets and targets.
• To assist in organising promotions to stimulate golf shop sales.
• To ensure that the golf shop is clean, orderly, well-stocked and professionally presented at all times.
Skills & Experience
• Strong retail sales experience including golf hardware, men’s and ladies apparel.
• The Australian GC operates systems including; MiClub, Infogenisis, Virtual Manager and EATEC. Experience with these programs is advantageous but not essential.
• Advanced golf knowledge and experience.
• An understanding of the private golf club environment.
• Strong commitment to excellence in customer service.
• Exceptional personal presentation.
• Strong work ethic.
• Strong written and verbal communication.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
What is on offer
• The opportunity to be part of the team recognised as being one of the best in the industry
• Salary package commensurate with skills and experience
• On-site parking
• Staff Meals
Please forward your cover letter and your resume outlining your relevant experience to Nathan Gibbons, Director of Golf.
A short introductory video on The Australian Golf Club can be found here: https://vimeo.com/173432010
*Only successful applicants for an interview will be contacted.