The Commonwealth Golf Club is one of the premier private members clubs in Australia.
Located on Melbourne’s famed Sandbelt, the Club has an exciting opportunity for a motivated person to join its team.
The Head Teaching Professional will help serve the Club’s 1100 members by providing exceptional teaching services.
The key role will include:
- Plan and deliver tuition programs for development areas such as women’s and junior golf;
- Providing one-on-one tuition to members and non-members
- Providing support to the Clubs representative teams
- Supporting the Golf Services Team with club fitting
The successful applicant will be joining a strong team of PGA Professionals and report to the clubs Golf Manager Ben Davey.
This position is a full-time contracted teaching role with time spent providing tuition and developing programs with supporting administration.
To be considered for this role, applicants must possess the following skills and attributes:
- Be a Certified PGA Professional, preferably advance in Coaching and/or Game Development
- An ability to relate to people on all levels
- Strong communication skills
- A proactive approach to completing tasks
The successful applicant will have at least five years’ experience in:
- Trackman or Flightscope Technology
- Club-fitting equipment and the latest products on the market
- Conducting group tuition on a regular basis.
This is a rare opportunity for a self-motivated and well-presented professional who has a passion for game improvement and is open to learning new techniques and adopting technology to enhance their offering.
The hours of work can be varied; however, the Club would expect the successful candidate to have 40hrs per week open for members to book tuition.
The contract details will be discussed with the successful applicant.
Applications including a cover letter and resume should be marked to the attention of the Golf Manager, Ben Davey and be directed via link below.
Applications close on Monday 7 October at 5:00pm.