The prestigious Royal Hobart Golf Club was founded in 1916 and is located just 20 minutes from the Hobart CBD at beautiful Seven Mile Beach.
In addition to the championship standard golf course and practice facilities, the recently renovated clubhouse features a bar and restaurant, conference, wedding and event facilities.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated and progressive person to fill the recently created position of Operations Manager.
The Position will report directly to the General Manager and will manage a small team of staff and contractors working in the clubhouse.
The position will be offered on a full time basis with flexible working hours.
Your duties will include:
- Financial administration and reporting;
- Payroll management;
- Member administration; and
- Overall responsibility for the clubhouse, including staff and contractor management, marketing and promotion and maximising value to the Club through supply contract management and stock control.
You are a motivated, innovative individual with a proven track record in operational management.
Does the following describe you?
- Great communication and interpersonal skills;
- Practical knowledge of MYOB accounting software;
- Venue management and marketing with a proven track record of growth and improvement;
- A good understanding of Australian workplace laws, the National Employment Standards and the Registered and Licensed Clubs Award 2010;
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines; and
- Personal drive and a passion for serving members, customers and the community.
Experience in a club environment is desirable but not essential.
You will need to hold or obtain a current Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate (RSA).
An attractive package of salary and benefits will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
The opportunity to live and work in one of the most beautiful and relaxed places in Australia or to advance your career in Hobart if you are a local.
Click here Apply Now Attention: General Manager, John Mendel, at Royal Hobart Golf Club, attaching a cover letter and resume.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 2 September 2019.