The Hills Golf Club are seeking the services of a soon to be or recently qualified PGA Professional to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small dedicated staff who are genuinely passionate about their jobs and the club.
We are a private club with a full and capped membership of 200 families. Unbound by the traditional rules and thinking common at other private clubs, we pride ourselves on providing a fun, relaxed and casual environment for our members to escape to. Our mission is to deliver an experience that exceeds expectations.
The position is full time – seasonal fixed term (September – May). Our expectation is that you will return each year after the winter break. Reporting to the Director of Golf, your primary role will be to assist with all aspects of the golf operation but our everyone does everything culture will mean you’ll frequently be called on to assist with other departments.
Non NZ resident applications are welcome. Coaching opportunities are available year-round
· Deliver exceptional customer service
· Offer a range of coaching services that appeal to varied skill levels
· Develop and implement a junior golf program
· Organise and deliver member golf events
· Club fitting/repair
· Assist in other departments as and when required
· Excellent communication
· Administration skills – competent using Microsoft office, email & campaign monitor (or similar)
· Willingness to be flexible
· Team orientated
· The ability to think outside the box
· Well presented
· Attention to detail
· Outgoing personality – you will need a sense of humour!
You’ll note that the required skills listed are not specifically golf related. We’re confident your PGA training will have equipped you with the necessary golf skills required to be successful in the role. We’re looking for the candidate with the right personality, someone who can quickly build a rapport with our members, seamlessly integrate with our team and help us achieve our objective.
Your remuneration package will include a competitive hourly rate and a percentage of coaching revenue.
Director of Golf – The Hills Golf Club
M +64 21 844 653