Nambucca Heads Island Golf Club is located on the Mid North Coast of New South Wales. The Club has approximately 300 golfing members and 1500 social members and a long history in the community. It prides itself for having built a solid reputation for friendly, value-for-money services. It is community-focused and offers quality food and beverage services to members and guests. It is the Club’s vision to be a premier golf destination for locals and visitors to NSW Mid North Coast. For further information go to www.namgolf.com
The position of Secretary Manager reports to a Board of Directors and is responsible for the overall delivery of the Club’s strategic planning goals and targets. The Secretary Manager is an integral part of the Clubs future plan to ensure all aspects of service delivery to the community are of a high standard. A focus on developing people, engaging all stakeholders, creatively growing the business, and exceeding targets are essential skills for this role, as is financial acumen and operational expertise.
Mandatory: To be considered for this position, you must be able to demonstrate your ability to:
- Work to a strategic plan to ensure budgets and KPI’s are exceeded
- Lead from the front, ensuring customer service is a team priority
- Lead and develop a team who share your drive to succeed
- Be creative in marketing the business to increase patronage and visitor frequency
- Build community and commercial relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
- Utilise your proven financial knowledge to analyse P&L statements and report on the Club’s financial performance to the Board
- Manage the budget to minimise expenditure and eliminate debt
- Ensure the Club provides services appropriate to a broad range of members
- Communicate with and influence internal and external stakeholders
The following will be highly regarded but not essential:
- Prior experience in the Golf Club Industry
- A degree in Hospitality, Business, HR, or other related fields
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector in a senior position
- Experience reporting to a Board of Directors
- Formal accounting qualifications
You will be an inspirational leader with a solution focused mindset who thrives under pressure. Multi-tasking is second nature, as is managing multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
The salary on offer is negotiable and will depend on the qualifications, experience, and skills of the successful candidate. As a guide it is envisaged that the position will commence at “Level C Modern Award” with a commencing salary of $79,698.00 plus superannuation.
For a confidential chat and detailed job description please call the Club President Geoff Harris on 0427 346 946 or forward your resume and cover letter via this link.
The closing date for applications is Friday 6th of September 2019.
Please note applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted by Friday 13th September, 2019. If you have not been contacted by this date, then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
An offer of employment will be conditional on suitable references being received and the receipt of a clear police check.