The Royal Sydney Golf Club, founded in 1893, is one of Australia’s most prominent social and sporting institutions. Our staff are professional, engaged and recognised for their skill and talent. We all work together to progress the Club and to protect its traditions; we aim for excellence, to lead and support each other, and to enjoy the experience.
What’s in it for me?
You will work in a positive and supportive workplace that is set in stunning surrounds! You can expect a competitive salary, access to training and feedback and a range of amazing benefits including staff meals, social functions, discounted purchases (wine, sporting goods etc.), uniforms, and access to sporting facilities (golf, tennis etc.).
What will I be doing?
Under the direction of the Course Superintendent and the Equipment Manager, you will assist and work independently of the equipment manager in the repairing and maintenance of various electric, petrol- and diesel-powered golf course maintenance equipment. You will assist in maintaining a clean service area and building maintenance, contributing to a preventative maintenance program, and placing safety procedures as a top priority. You will form an important part of a 3 person mechanic team that consists of the Equipment Manager, Workshop Technician and Apprentice Workshop Technician that looks after over 277 pieces of equipment across 3 sites within the golf club.
- Inspects, diagnoses, adjusts and repairs mechanical defects/failures in various pieces of maintenance equipment on a regular basis.
- Prioritises equipment repair and maintenance work.
- Sets up and modifies new equipment as needed.
- Repairs and adjusts engines and cutting mechanisms on various heavy and light mowing equipment.
- Keeps maintenance equipment fuelled, oiled and inspected; and performs related tasks as required.
- Sharpening of cutting cylinders and bedknifes. Setting and checking quality of cut on cutting machines.
- Communicates any needs or problems relating to maintenance or repair of equipment with the equipment manager and/or assistant superintendent.
What does the Club need from me?
- A trade certificate or 4th year level in mechanical repairs (essential) or similar qualification.
- Experience working in the Golf Course environment.
- Working knowledge of the general operation of petrol, diesel- and electric-powered equipment; the proper methods of servicing golf course/or similar equipment; and the repair and adjustment of power mowing equipment.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the profession.
- Experience in welding and metal fabrication.
- Ability to move heavy objects in a safe manner.
- Mechanical ability; ability to use common mechanical tools.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, possibly a commercial driver’s license (CDL).
- Be reliable, punctual and have and eye for detail.
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships with all stakeholders
If this sound likes the role for you we’d love to hear from you! Closing 15th February 2019.
Company Name: Royal Sydney Golf Club