Terrey Hills Golf & Country Club, located in Sydneys Northern Beaches/North Shore region, is one of Australia’s Premier Golf Clubs. The Club is offering a career opportunity at their facility – seeking a full-time PGA Professional employee who will assist the current team of staff with efficient organisation of day-to-day operations of the Golf Shop.
The position is for a person possessing excellent people skills, a sound knowledge of golf operations who works well in a team environment, but is also capable of taking initiative and working independently without supervision. Applicants should be aware that they will be required to work on weekends and public holidays. A salary reflecting an above award amount will be paid to the successful applicant.
Reporting directly to the Golf Operations Manager, key responsibilities will include:
• General Golf Shop operations (38 hours p/w).
• Assist with the day to day management of the practice facilities.
• Assist in the supervision and training of Golf Shop staff.
• Assisting with all golf course directives, rules and regulations including dress standards.
• Assist in the preparations and execute to the highest standards the golf element of all corporate golf days, including golf cart and equipment hire management, scorecard collection and general duties.
• Ensuring compliance with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
Essential Qualities and Attributes:
• Outstanding level of customer service.
• Strong retail experience.
• Experience in repairs.
• Detailed knowledge of Powergolf, Micropower and MiClub systems.
• Have experience in a similar position in a high quality golf club or golf resort facility.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Able to work autonomously and also as part of a small integrated and dynamic team.
• Be a creative, innovative and knowledgeable sales person and merchandiser with a depth of experience in the golf industry and with golf related products.
• Excellent organisational skills.
A flexible approach to work is required, as the position will include weekdays, weekends and public holidays as part of a relatively flexible rostering system.
Applications or inquiries can be made to:
Mr Glenn Knott – Golf Operations Manager, Terrey Hills Golf & Country Club