- Recognised Leader in The Golf Industry
- Based in Eastern Suburbs Melbourne, Victoria
- Great working environment
Rarely does an opportunity present itself to make a genuine contribution with a recognised leader in the Australia golf industry. Our client, Acushnet Australia, is the home of Titleist and FootJoy and is committed to providing both avid and aspirational golfers alike with products and services of superior performance and quality.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Inventory Planner to take responsibility for the FootJoy product range. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be accountable for the demand planning, purchasing and inventory management for apparel, footwear and accessories for the region. Crucial to your success will be your strong forecasting and analytical skills, experience working with overseas vendors, along with your superior attention to detail.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Prepare and execute demand forecasts, in partnership with sales and product management, for a diverse product range
- Present forecasts in the monthly Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process
- Overseeing of Product Lifecycle Management (PLC) including New Product Introduction (NPI) and End of Life (EOL)
- Work closely with product management to proactively improve and adjust forecasts
- Monitoring and maintaining optimum inventory levels in line with meeting targets
- Updating of MRP files and forecasting files as required
- Placing purchase orders with local and international suppliers including those for customized orders
- Maintaining ERP product codes and undertaking inventory stock transfers to warehouses
- Assisting with all aspects relating to the physical stock takes, cycle counts, and resolving of stock integrity issues
- Liaising with Freight Forwarders to ensure expediting of orders, confirmations and deliveries, and updating systems accordingly
- Continual development of tools to improve the inventory & purchasing process
To be successful you will have the following experience, skills and/or qualifications;
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Operations or Finance
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in demand planning, inventory management or purchasing, ideally within apparel and/or footwear.
- Sound knowledge and experience in using ERP demand & supply planning systems
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience using AS400 highly regarded
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Thinks strategically, strong problem-solving and analytical skills, strong forecasting skills
- Ability to influence key stakeholders
Benefits aside from working in the golf industry and with an exciting, dynamic and highly dedicated team, include a remuneration package commensurate with your experience.
If you are ready for your next opportunity, have superior communications skills, strong analytical skills and you are a genuine self-starter, apply now including your resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience. Phone enquiries to Scott Pickering on 1300 723 761, quoting reference number SP1604.
Please note that applicants must have the permanent legal right to work in Australia.
Scopic Group has been engaged by Acushnet Australia to manage the recruitment process for this position on an exclusive basis.