Assist Front of House Manager in smooth running of operations and admin within Food & Beverage department.
Core objectives include:
- Work with Front of House Manager to create any ideas to show specific offers and promotions – in advance of the date.
- Ensure that sales are always maximised, and the right type of sales mix is obtained at the right price.
- Be responsible for cash up for the day
- Be the first point of call for any customer complaints and to deal with these in an effective manner. Forward onto Front of House Manager if unable to deal with.
- Preserve excellent levels of internal and external customer service.
- Identify and implement, with reference to the Front of House Manager, any new areas of business likely to enhance the profitability of the Clubhouse.
- To maintain and carry out efficient administration such as wastage sheets, temperature, and cleaning records etc.
- To inform the Front of House Manager of any stock orders needed and make sure all stock levels are appropriate for every shift.
- Minimise wastage.
- With Front of House Manager ensure a monthly stock check is completed.
- To ensure that all areas and their décor are maintained to a high, appealing standard and that all equipment is kept in good order.
- To ensure all areas are maintained to a high standard of hygiene and safety.
- To ensure that all areas are regularly checked for maintenance and repairs and that appropriate and effective action is taken.
- Lead F&B team by attracting, recruiting, training, and appraising talented personnel
- Establish targets, KPI’s, schedules, policies, and procedures
- Provide a two-way communication and nurture an ownership environment with emphasis in motivation and teamwork
- Comply with all health and safety regulations
- Report on management regarding sales results and productivity
- Ensures open and closing procedures are always adhered to.
The above list is not exhaustive, and the role may change to meet the overall objectives of the company.
- Fulfil other duties as required by management and other department personnel as requested/required.
- Professional approach
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organisational and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Positive approach to change
Person Specification Qualifications
- LCQ Certification, Managers Certification
- Customer service
- Supervisory/management experience in Food & Beverage Department.
- Advance Food and beverage knowledge.
- Basic Health safety Knowledge.
- Knowledge regards to sale and Supply Liquor as per New Zealand Regulation.
Skills & competencies
- Customer service focused: committed to providing exceptional customer service across all channels – written, phone and face to face.
- Communication: the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, varying communication style depending upon the audience.
- Attention to detail: excellent attention to detail and written skills when communicating with others, both internally and externally.
- Commerciality: ability to apply knowledge in a practical, commercial manner.
- Teamwork: willingness to assist and support others as required and get on with team members.
- Time management/organisation: accomplish objectives effectively within time frame given and carry out administrative duties within portfolio in an efficient and timely manner.
- Professional approach (essential).
- Confident manner (essential).
- Positive approach to change (essential).
- Clean drivers’ licence
This job description serves to illustrate the scope and responsibilities of the post and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected to perform other job-related tasks requested by management and as necessitated by the development of this role and the development of the business.