A unique opportunity exists for an enthusiastic accounting/finance professional to join the team at Sorrento Golf Club as the Finance & Operations Manager.
Located on the scenic Mornington Peninsula, the Sorrento Golf Club aims to be ‘the Club of Choice on the Mornington Peninsula’. The Club is in a strong financial position, with high demand for membership, a great ‘Member’ culture and one of the best golf courses in Australia. The club prides itself on three core values; committing to excellence; providing a friendly and welcoming environment; and being member focused. All team members that come on board should have similarly aligned values.
As a member of the Senior Management Team and reporting directly to the General Manager, the main role will be to manage the day to day financial operations of all of the Club’s activities along with providing assistance to the General Manager in areas such as implementation of the strategic plan, staff management and general support of the daily management of the club.
Summary of tasks
- Manage the day to day financial operations of the club, including but not limited to; regular financial reporting; preparation and distribution of Member accounts; preparation and management of cash flow; managing operational and capital budgets; management of daily financial tasks such as reconciliation, ledger entries, charge processing, and employee payroll.
- Preparation and completion of the Clubs annual financial accounts, including preparation of the Annual
- Report and managing the audit process
Support the General Manager with implementation and coordination of the Club’s Strategic Plan and continue to improve financial and strategic performance reporting.
Management – Operational
- Work closely with the General Manager and House Manager to assist in the daily management of the Club, particularly in the General Manager’s absence.
- Manage all aspects of the Club’s requirements in areas such as, but not limited to IT, telecommunications, security and other services.
- Review and negotiate pricing on renewals of various contracts such as insurances, waste removal and power.
- Assist with HR related enquiries and issues which may arise
Provide assistance to the General Manager in areas such as, but not limited to, financial reporting, strategic planning, implementation and enforcement of Club decisions and policies and general support of the daily management of the club, facilities, members and/or staff.
- Friendly and welcoming
- Drive, ambition and desire to succeed
- Motivated with a strong work ethic
- Strong attention to detail
- Honesty and integrity
- Team player
- Committed to delivering the best possible service to our Members
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
The successful applicant will be tertiary qualified with a finance/accounting major with at least three years experience in a similar role and will ideally have had previous golf club experience in a management position, however this is not essential.
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting/Finance. CA/CPA will be highly regarded
- At least three years experience in a similar financial role
- Strong understanding and experience with different financial systems
- Experience in golf club or member environment highly regarded
- Strong understanding of IT Systems – point of sale, financial, membership and Microsoft Office applications.
Hours of Work
The role is full time, predominantly Monday to Friday, however some flexibility will be required around club events and staffing requirements and will include some Saturday work.
All applications must include a cover letter demonstrating how you meet the above criteria and a current CV. An attractive salary package will be offered to the successful applicant.
A full PD is available on request.
Please address applications and cover letter to:-
Michael Burgess – General Manager
Sorrento Golf Club
SORRENTO VIC 3943
Applications close 5pm on Friday 22nd October, 2021