* Financial Accounting & Reporting
$90,000 – $100,000 (negotiable on experience)
Located in Aspendale, Victoria, Rossdale Golf Club is a picturesque bayside course with 1000+ golfing members, and is widely regarded as “Melbourne’s Friendliest Golf Club”.
The newly renovated modern clubhouse and facilities with beautiful golf course views, and private outdoor areas make Rossdale the perfect place to hold your wedding, corporate golf day, or social function. The Club’s family-friendly restaurant and outdoor events ensure that Rossdale Golf Club truly is one of a kind.
We are currently looking to improve, grow and modernise our Club and are looking for a talented, hands-on, hard-working, and enthusiastic Finance/Assistant Manager to join our small but friendly and dedicated Club Administration Team in a permanent full-time salaried role.
This role would suit an educated professional looking to take on the challenges of improving and modernising the Club’s financial operations and working closely with the General Manager and Club Treasurer to ensure that the financial aspects of the Club are efficient and well run.
We are looking for a Finance/Assistant Manager who values a small but passionate team environment as well as the lifestyle and learning opportunity advantages that our Club offers.
It’s well suited for a professional that is seeking a career path to becoming a General Manager in the future.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, well-presented, and team orientated person who is willing to demonstrate commitment in the pursuit of service excellence.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Tertiary Level Business qualifications within Finance
- At least three years of experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience in applying HR and OH&S initiatives within a workplace
- Chartered Accountant & Certified Practicing Account is preferred but not required
Having experience within a golf club or member environment will be looked at highly favourably.
Reporting directly to the General Manager and liaises with other members of the executive staff, the Finance Manager is responsible for assisting in the management of the overall club’s operation. In particular, the Finance Manager will oversee and be directly responsible for the Club’s financial services, corporate governance, and asset management.
The Finance/Assistant Manager will be responsible to ensure the preparation of financial statements are carried out and to provide members, guests, committee, and staff with a high quality of information, administration, and support service. It is also the Finance/Assistant Manager’s responsibility to ensure administrative staff is carrying out their allotted duties and information technology services are in working order and a daily backup of the club’s data, including video security footage, is maintained.
The Finance/Assistant Manager also liaises with members of the Board of Directors, and more specifically, the Chair of the House, Course and Finance Sub-Committees via the General Manager.
- Providing leadership, supervision, training, and support to the Administration Team.
- Provide other Key Staff with support and assistance in achieving an efficient operation, statutory requirements, and budgetary goals.
- Ensuring the provision of high-quality reception, administration, and accounting services.
- Ensuring the accurate and timely maintenance of all accounting records.
- Preparation of the monthly and annual financial statements.
- Assisting the General Manager implement the policies and directives of the Committee.
- Ensuring the Club’s Human Resources are implemented according to policy.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on matters relating to employee awards, OHS, Responsible Service of Alcohol and Responsible Food Handling, and training programs and grants.
- In the case where the General Manager is absent the Finance/Assistant Manager shall assume total responsibility for the clubhouse services of the Club.
- Co-ordinate the accurate processing of the annual membership billing run to ensure distribution of membership renewal invoices in accordance with the time frame as agreed with the General Manager
- Ensure accurate payment of all employees on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
How to apply:
Please forward your application including your Cover Letter and CV c/o Andrew Noonan, General Manager.
For more information on Rossdale Golf Club, please visit their website.
Applications will strictly close on June 14th, 2022
*Sorry no phone calls will be taken at this time and all applicants must already have a right to work in Australia. All applicants will be notified of their status by June 21st, 2022.