Together with your golf, sport, and/or recreation business expertise, apply your energy and commercial success to a key leadership role in Australian golf.
About Golf Australia
Golf Australia is the governing body for golf in Australia. It exists to grow the game to benefit current and future golfers, golf clubs and facilities, as well as the Australian community.
Golf Australia is currently leading the development of a new Australian Golf Strategy. The strategy, which will be finalised later this year, is designed as an industry-wide approach to grow golf across Australia. For the first time, the sport is aligning behind a single strategy.
The game is enjoying a period of growth, and leaders within Australian golf share high levels of anticipation and aspiration about the game’s future.
With the new strategy in mind, Golf Australia has identified the need to create a new executive position, General Manager – Clubs and Facilities, reporting to the Golf Australia CEO.
We are now recruiting an experienced golf/sport/recreation business professional to this influential role. It is an extremely exciting time to be joining the leadership of Golf Australia.
You will lead Golf Australia’s approach to growing the core of Australian golf by ensuring club and facility growth and sustainability. Golf clubs and facilities provide the places for people to play, learn, and experience the game with others. As golf strives to welcome new people to the game, it seeks to establish and maintain welcoming, safe, and fun customer experiences at all clubs and facilities.
The key performance objectives of your role:
- Deliver an effective clubs and facilities support, education, and development program via a high-performing national team working across states and territories.
- Develop meaningful relationships with the relevant leaders of clubs and facilities, local government, PGA of Australia, and the broader golf business community.
- Establish Golf Australia, together with relevant local and international partners, as a trusted source of information and advice regarding golf club and facility performance, golf services, innovation, development, and success.
- Continue to provide technical services and support such as golf rules, handicapping, and course rating activities.
- Contribute to maintaining the integrity of Australian golf via Golf Australia’s Integrity Framework which covers the core integrity areas of safe sport, inclusive sport, and fair sport.
To be considered for the role you are likely to possess the following attributes:
- Demonstrable experience and success in golf/sport/recreation facility and/or club leadership.
- Experience in delivering strategic objectives and balancing this with the interests of parties in complex stakeholder environments.
- Growth mindset, with a track record of strategic growth, innovation and delivering commercial returns.
- Thorough understanding of the Australian golf market, and/or sport/recreation markets.
- Background and experience with digital marketing and data, including direct digital engagement with customers, will be highly valued.
- Highly motivated self-starter, with experience in leading and developing a team of people aligned and accountable to agreed deliverables.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, with a presence and acumen that allows you to represent Golf Australia and Australian golf confidently and capably.
Employment at Golf Australia will deliver an outstanding opportunity to work within a global sport environment. You will be based at the new Australian Golf Centre at Sandringham Golf Links, Cheltenham.
A competitive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate and will be commensurate with the senior role and your credentials.
Golf Australia’s values of Service Driven, Diverse & Inclusive, Excellence, Fun, Dynamic and Team, ensure a supportive culture that is flexible and inclusive for all individuals to thrive.
The recruitment for this role is being led by WellPlayed Golf Business Consultancy.
Please e-mail your application by September 24, including an explanation of how your skills and experience will fulfill the requirements of the role.
For more information, please contact Guy Chapple from WellPlayed on 0417 034 684 or via email.