An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Club General Manager to lead the newly developed Devonport Country Club into its next phase of operations and growth on the idyllic North-West Coast of Tasmania.
Over the last five years, a major development has brought together The Devonport Bowls & Croquet Club, Devonport Golf Club and Spreyton Bowls Club in one purpose-built facility serving members and the community as the Devonport Country Club.
Along with a state-of-the-art indoor bowls centre, two croquet lawns, three outdoor bowling greens and upgrades to the golf course, there is also our new clubhouse, built over two levels including a club bar, bistro and function centre. The new development brings everything we love into one multifunctional facility for our members and community to come together and enjoy. The Devonport Country Club boasts an 18-hole, fully irrigated championship golf course, set in an idyllic environment along the Mersey River at “Woodrising” Spreyton.
The Devonport Country Club’s vision is to be Tasmania’s best family-friendly and sustainable multi-sport and entertainment facility that makes a positive difference for our members, our community and Tasmania.
The Club’s purpose is to promote and further develop the sports of bowls, croquet and golf and deliver a first-class community entertainment and function experience.
The purpose of the General Manager position is to provide leadership and general management to all departments and functions of the Club in planning and delivering the Club’s Strategy as approved by the Board.
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Country Club comprising its:
- Clubhouse and facilities,
- golf course, bowling greens, croquet lawns, grounds and machinery,
- Golf Professional and Sports Shop,
- Food and beverage services including restaurants and sports bars,
- Functions and events; and
- Club membership and administration.
The GM will implement effective business management processes to create a culture of customer service and continuous improvement and drive the provision of high-quality cost-effective services to members and guests and ensure the club’s long-term viability.
The GM will manage all aspects of Club Operations in a manner and at a standard befitting a preeminent multi-sport Country Club. The GM will manage the implementation of and to contribute as appropriate to the development of long-term plans and projects.
Applicants will need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- A strong leader with the ability to build strong and effective relationships with stakeholders including staff, the Board, Club members and the community.
- The capability to design and implement systems of management and strategies that will build and grow the Club, providing outstanding service to its members, guests, sponsors and the general public.
- Apply strong, proven financial, budgeting, analytical and reporting skills, including the ability to interpret financial reports and to make sound decisions based on that data.
- Lead and manage the implementation of the Club’s strategic plan by monitoring, measuring and reporting on progress.
- The ability to promote the Club and its facilities within the local community and throughout the golf, bowls and croquet industries.
Applications will require experience in the following fields:
- Experience in managing staff responsible for the day-to-day operations of a Country club or Sports club comprising its facilities, membership, retail, food and beverage services and administration office.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering strong financial results as the senior manager accountable for the budgeting, revenue, expense management and management reporting.
- Proven record of having oversight of positive business growth at a similar club.
- Proven record in a commercial or not-for-profit organisation leadership role requiring strong leadership, mentoring, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in integrating club departments and functions to deliver an efficient and effective management team that can operate autonomously.
A competitive remuneration and benefits package commensurate with skills and experience will be provided, to the successful applicant.
Interested applicants should send a covering letter, along with their CV to the Chairman via the tab below:
Applications close at the 5 pm on Friday 22nd July 2022