Gosnells Golf Club is a private members Club located 17km from the center of Perth. The Club was established on its current site in 1962 and features a picturesque and challenging Par 70 18 hole layout.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a suitably qualified General Manager to oversee the operations of the Club. The ideal applicant will have a track record demonstrating excellent strategic thinking, strong financial and business acumen, strong written and verbal communication skills and a focus on the provision of quality service to members.
Under the Club’s corporate structure, the General Manager will report to the Board and will have autonomy in the management and operation of all key areas of the Club’s business in line with agreed budgets and key performance indicators.
The General Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Act as General Manager in accordance with the requirements of the Constitution, By-Laws and policies of the Club as required by the Board of Management and ensure they are observed at all times;
- Act as an Approved Manager of the Club for the purposes of the Club’s licence under the Liquor Control Act;
- Prepare and implement policies as adopted by the Board of Management and ensure that the Board is fully informed about all matters pertaining to the Club’s operations;
- Ensure that the Constitution, By-Laws and policies of the Club are observed at all times;
- Develop, maintain and continuously review management philosophy and management structure to ensure the efficient and effective conduct of the Club;
- Ensure that in all instances the traditions, standards and values of the Club are maintained with reference to contemporary social standards;
- Report through the Finance sub-committee the financial position of the Club to the Board of Management;
- Develop long and short-term plans and programs in conjunction with the Board of Management;
- Remain conversant with and ensure compliance with the Club’s responsibilities under the Association’s Act, Liquor Control Act, Workplace Health and Safety legislation, anti-discrimination legislation, privacy principles and other relevant legislation and awards relevant to the Cub’s operations;
- Ensure all facilities and services of the Club are presented to the members and guests at a consistently high standard as determined by the Board or relevant policy;
- Act as minute secretary to all Board and sub-committee meetings as well as any other meetings that may occur from time to time;
- Respond to the needs, queries and complaints of members in a timely fashion.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- High degree of honesty and integrity;
- A self starter who can adapt to changing circumstances and solve problems;
- Experience working within a Committee / Board structure, ideally with Committee reporting experience;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to manage conflict;
- Good analytical skills and an eye for detail;
- Capacity to recruit, manage, lead and develop staff including the capacity to mentor and develop strong performers;
- Strong financial acumen including preparation and management of annual budgets, liaison with the finance committee, auditors and preparation of the financial report;
- Previous club or golf experience is seen as desirable;
- Tertiary qualifications in an appropriate discipline (Management, Finance, Hospitality) are highly regarded
An attractive salary and employment package commensurate with experience will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Please forward the application via the tab below. All applications will be processed in confidence.
Only those applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.