Half Moon Bay Golf Club (HMBGC) is situated in the picturesque seaside suburb of Yorkeys Knob, just north of the Cairns CBD. The 18-hole course is a par 70, and a relatively short and tight course.
The community-run club prides itself on its strong links into the Yorkeys Knob and wider Cairns communities and markets itself as “the friendliest golf club in the Far North.” The Club is committed to developing golf as a life-long sport and runs programs to further the engagement of persons with disabilities, women, and young people in the sport.
With an average annual membership of between around 500 members, the licensed bar and club operates seven days a week, including the golf shop.
Reporting to the elected Management Committee, the General Manager is responsible for all day-to-day operations and will display a flexible approach to work hours and a willingness to be hands-on to manage events and/or issues as they arise.
The role involves:
- Providing high level of financial analysis and budgeting to support decision making, negotiating with our banking partner, and reporting to the committee
- Providing leadership of all staff including administrative staff, bar and golf shop team and grounds team
- Providing advice and implementing all requirements relating to liquor licencing, workplace health and safety, golf club and shop operations, applicable industrial awards, anti-discrimination and environmental compliance, health directives and any other legally binding acts/regulations.
- Ensuring the club retains its reputation of being friendly and inclusive through working positively with members, the committee and staff, sponsors, creditors, all levels of government and any other stakeholders
- Being proactive in identifying and advising the committee on how to grow membership, improve the club’s financial position, develop the golf course and related bar and shop business through strategic business planning.
It is desired the General Manager have extensive experience in a similar role and hold tertiary qualifications in Sports Club Management or a related field. However, the Committee will consider applicants who can demonstrate relevant experience in a similar role.
You will need to be eligible or currently hold the following:
- Queensland Working with Children Blue Card.
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate.
- State Police Check.
- Current Qld driver’s licence.
The ideal applicant will be someone who can demonstrate the following:
- Ability to learn relevant legislation, policies, procedures, and practices that relate to the management of a 500+ member golf club in Far North QLD
- Provide sound financial leadership and asset management including the golf course.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to review and establish alternate solutions as required.
- Skills in financial information systems, contemporary word processing, and moderate to advanced excel skills and other information systems
- High standard of communication, negotiation, problem-solving and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with staff at all levels of the organisation, the elected Committee, members and with all other internal and external clients.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise, organise, and set realistic timeframes to achieve desired outcomes and to meet deadlines for both self and team.
The application process will be managed by Recruitment Consultant Mike Orloff from Golf Recruitment Central.
Please provide a CV with Cover Letter addressing the above Selection Criteria to Mike via the tab below by 10 October 2021.
*Sorry no phone calls will be taken at this time and all applicants must have a right to work in Australia.