An exciting opportunity exists for a suitably qualified candidate to join the team at Rockingham Golf Club.
Founded in 1947, Rockingham Golf Club is a superb 18-hole golf course located in Rockingham Western Australia.
Located in a magnificent bush land setting, Rockingham offers a golf course as natural as can be achieved in the metropolitan area, with open bush lands, generous fairways lined by Grass Trees, towering old Tuart Trees and prolific wildlife (you might have to wait for your next shot while the Kangaroos cross), the course can be challenging.
A true benefit of the course is that other players are often out of view, enhancing the sensation that you are alone in the wilderness. Just forty-five minutes south of Perth, near the coastal town of Rockingham.
With a golfing membership of over 500 members and a large green fee attendance with approximately 70,000 golf rounds played annually, the licensed bar and club operate seven days a week and is a potential destination for events all year round. The facilities include a clubhouse with beautiful views overlooking the course which provides the perfect venue for Weddings, Special Celebrations, Corporate Seminars and Events.
The Club has been growing steadily as a result of strong participation rates during COVID over the past 2 years and is now searching for highly experienced candidates with a strong hospitality mindset to become the next General Manager.
Reporting to the Board of Management, the General Manager will ensure a strong business management approach to the conduct of the Club’s affairs and the highest level of professionalism in service for members and visitors. The Committee’s overriding objective is to ‘sustainably and continuously lift standards’ on the course and in the Clubhouse to enhance all that is good about the golfing challenge, camaraderie of members, and our reputation as one of Perth’s most welcoming golf clubs.
The General Manager will also ensure the Club is commercially oriented and viable in the long term through the provision of high-quality and cost-effective services to members and guests.
The General Manager is responsible for the administration of the office, catering, course, and golf activities of the Club.
The pro shop is contracted with two Professionals.
The General Manager will put into effect the policy set by the Board and will work with the Board in developing, enacting, and reviewing strategic plans as well provide oversight to the Course Masterplan.
The performance benchmarks of the General Manager are assessed on the Club’s ability to reasonably meet the specific objectives for the Club in the areas of service, financial performance, and product (course, food, and beverages) provided to members and guests.
APPLICANTS TO DEMONSTRATE
High-level leadership qualities with ongoing mentorship and guidance to staff with a focus on providing quality products and customer service to members and guests.
Sound knowledge of marketing across all mediums.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills ensuring a service-focused environment for members, guests, and staff.
Operational excellence in all business areas of the club including food, beverage, golf, events, functions, and member service.
Financial management experience including but not limited to setting and achievement of KPI’s for business and staff, budgeting, achieving budget, cost control, revenue, and profit generation.
Prior experience in delivering key strategic planning objectives from inception to completion within agreed timeframes and budgets.
Experience in preparing budgets for financial planning purposes and ensuring that expenditure in each area of the Club’s operations is maintained within the budget adopted by the Board and that all possible steps are taken to ensure that trading results attain the level provided in the annual budget.
- Proven sound financial leadership and asset management experience.
- High standard of communication, negotiation, problem-solving and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with staff at all levels of the organisation, the elected Board, members, and with all other internal and external clients.
- Strong, demonstrated background in hospitality.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise, organise, and set realistic timeframes to achieve desired outcomes and to meet deadlines for both self and team.
- Ability to develop projects that will expand and broaden local interest in the use of the Club’s facilities.
- Strong skills in marketing and the ability to promote the Club and its facilities.
- Experience in the delivery of service for a similar-sized club and function business.
- Ability to engage and direct staff to grow profitable private functions and attract external golf groups.
- Develop annual business plans, aligned to and enabling the achievement of the Club’s strategy.
- Handling of recruitment, performance management, professional development, and termination needs for the Club Management Team, and other areas as required.
- Launch new and creative initiatives to maximise the use of the Club and Course, with follow-on positive results in revenue.
- Ensuring the Club maintains its reputation of being friendly and inclusive through working positively with members, the Board and staff, sponsors, creditors, all levels of government, and any other stakeholders.
- Being proactive in identifying and advising the Board on how to grow/retain membership, improve the Club’s financial position, and develop the golf course and related bar and event business through strategic business planning.
- Strong leadership, mentoring, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- A commitment to customer service at all levels.
- Knowledge of the legal and compliance obligations of the Club
- Tertiary and post-graduate qualifications in an appropriate discipline are highly desirable.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Ability to build and maintain a high-performing workplace.
- Empathy for a member-based organisation.
- Preparedness to be hands-on if required.
It is desired that the General Manager has a minimum of five years’ experience in working as a General Manager/Club Manager or in a senior management role in a Licensed Club environment.
The candidate would ideally hold Tertiary qualifications in Business or Commerce (or equivalent). However, applicants who can demonstrate relevant experience in a similar role or industry will also be considered.
You will need to be eligible or currently hold the following:
- Working with Children Check
- WA driver’s licence
- Liquor Approved Manager Licence
- Current RSA Certificate
If you feel you possess the relevant skills and experience and you want to be a part of our team, please submit your application including a covering letter outlining how you meet the role requirements by clicking the tab below.
Applications close EOB 10 June 2022.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.