Moss Vale Golf Club Limited is a well-established club, located in the Southern Highlands in NSW, approximately 1.5 hours from Sydney. The Club owns and operates:
- an 18-hole championship golf course, is recognised as one of the leading regional courses in New South Wales and a popular play and stay destination, and
- Dormie House – a 30 room boutique accommodation hotel, originally constructed in the 1930s.
The Club is looking for an experienced General / Resort Manager, to manage the Club’s operations, with a particular focus on Dormie House, and its hospitality operations.
Located in Moss Vale, in the Southern Highlands of New South Wales, approximately 1.5 hours from Sydney CBD. Population growth in the Southern Highlands has accelerated in recent years seeing an increasing number of young families moving into the area.
Tourism is the key industry and dominated by domestic visitors – both day-trippers and weekend stays; their primary focus being holiday and leisure. The Southern Highlands is proud of its excellent wineries and art galleries. Attractions such as The Bradman Museum, Ngununggula – The Southern Highlands Regional Gallery and events such as The Bowral Cycling Classic, Art Trail, plus food, wine and music festivals are major tourist drawcards.
The General / Resort Manager will be responsible for directing and managing the club in line with the organisational objectives set by the Board, and to meet the Club’s vision.
The General Manager will also ensure the Club is commercially oriented and viable in the long term by the provision of high-quality and cost-effective services to members and guests, through both the golf course and the hotel and hospitality operations.
Moss Vale Golf Club is now seeking highly experienced applicants with a hospitality mindset to become their next General / Resort Manager.
The Golf Club and Golf Course
Established in 1904 and with a playing membership exceeding 600 members, Moss Vale Golf Club is the leading Southern Highlands golf club. The tree-lined, 18 hole par 71 Championship course is listed as a ‘Next 100 Golf Course’ by the Australian Golf Digest, is proud to host to a PGA Legends Pro Am and this year, for the first time will host a PGA Associates Pro Am.
Head Professional, Davyd Reeves runs a well-stocked Pro Shop, provides individual coaching, lessons and clinics for all ages. Practice facilities include a driving range, practice nets, chipping and putting greens.
Nestled in the beautiful green hills of the Southern Highlands and situated right on Moss Vale Golf Course, Dormie House was established in the 1930’s. As an elegant Heritage Listed guest house, Dormie House retains its period charm while providing all the modern amenities of a quality golf resort. The Dining Room, our 80-seat restaurant operated by Executive Chef, David Lee offers modern country cooking which showcases only the best of local produce, and casual meals are served daily on our stunning outdoor deck overlooking the 18th hole.
At the heart of each Dormie House experience lies a customised, personable and attentive service delivered by our small, close-knit team to both guests of Dormie House and members of Moss Vale Golf Club.
What we are looking for:
Dormie House is currently undergoing a transformation. Twelve of its 30 accommodation suites are fully refurbished with further work to be undertaken in 2024. To drive this transformation, grow the business and manage our guest experience, Dormie House is seeking a ‘hands-on’, dynamic and highly experienced General/Resort Manager with a passion for change and who is not afraid to roll their sleeves up.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, through the President, and working closely with both the Manager, Club and Administration, Executive Chef and Head Golf Professional, you will be accountable for managing every facet of Dormie House and the Dormie guest experience. Your primary focus will be on managing the team to provide every guest with an exceptional Dormie experience through the provision of high-quality accommodations, excellent food and beverage operations and outstanding event management.
- Act as Secretary of the Club.
- To carrying that responsibility for ensuring our day-to-day compliance with the Registered Clubs Act and associated regulations.
- Monthly reporting to the Board and attending Board meetings.
- Staff management including rostering, wages, workplace health and safety, performance management, staff training and competencies.
- Finance and budget compliance, and liaison with Club Treasurer and external accountants.
- Maintenance of a clean, hygienic and safe environment by ensuring compliance with Workplace Health and Safety regulations, the Liquor and Gaming Act, and Food Safety Laws and Legislation.
- Ensuring the property is maintained to a standard befitting that of a high-quality resort.
- Driving a culture of service excellence ensuring seamless service delivery across all sectors including front-of-house, house-keeping, and maintenance through strong leadership and mentoring of staff.
- Management of the promotion of the Dormie experience to a diverse customer base including hotel guests, golfing groups, Club members and the wider Southern Highlands community and visitors to the region.
- Ownership of the guest feedback process and the measurement of customer satisfaction.
- Organising and overseeing special events including weddings, corporate functions and private gatherings.
- Liaise with the Executive Chef to create seasonal and special event menus aligned to our market segment and with an emphasis on high quality local produce.
- Inventory management, procurement, and supplier relationships to ensure high-quality products at a competitive price.
The successful candidate will have:
Essential requirements –
- Proven experience (ideally in a golf club or resort environment) in a senior hotel or club management role.
- Demonstrated ‘hands-on’ knowledge of restaurant and bar operations.
- Demonstrated experience in driving change.
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills that show the ability to energise, inspire and drive a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong financial acumen with demonstrated ability in budget management, cost control and achievement of sales targets.
- Demonstrated people management skills.
- Demonstrated procurement, inventory management and supplier relationship skills.
- Excellent IT skills with demonstrated ability in POS, Deputy, Canva, MS365 and Xero.
- Demonstrated experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram.
- Demonstrated experience with booking platforms such as Expedia, booking.com, etc.
- Flexibility to work the hours required to fulfil the requirements of the job including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and public holidays as required.
- Current RSA or equivalent qualification.
- A valid Working with Children Check.
- Hold a valid right to work Full-Time in Australia.
Highly Desirable –
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Management or related field.
- Diploma in Hotel or Hospitality Management or equivalent.
- Full Playing Membership of Moss Vale Golf Club (value $1375pa)
- Staff discount on meals and accommodation (including family members)
- Attractive performance-based bonus plan
Start date for the role is immediate.
To learn more about us go to: www.dormiehouse.com.au and www.mossvalegolfclub.com.au
To apply, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application will include the following:
- Details of your qualifications and experience in a similar role.
- A statement detailing why you are the right person for this role.
- Information describing your right to work in Australia?
Short-listed applicants will be required to provide current references. If your application progresses to the pre-employment stage, you may be required to complete a background check. If the search returns a criminal record, Dormie House will assess whether the records impact your ability to perform the key requirements of this role.