Avondale Golf Club located on Sydney’s Upper North Shore in Pymble is seeking a Golf Administrator to join our team. A desire and the ability to provide first class golf administration and service outcomes at one of Sydney’s leading private golf clubs will stand applicants in good stead for this position.
The Club has a warm and welcoming culture, with our Golf Operations Team playing a key role in contributing to the what makes Avondale a great destination for members and their guests.
The key objectives of this role is to provide support to the Manager – Golf, Membership & Marketing in the conduct and management of all aspects of the Club’s golf administration.
- Maintain the Club’s MiClub computerised golf competition system and website
- Prepare and manage golf timesheets, competition and leaderboard set ups
- Manage Member Eclectic and Multi-round Events
- Provide support for the Captain, Lady Captain and Match Committee
- Attend Match Committee Meetings and work closely with the Golf Manager and Chair on agendas, minutes and key action items
- Assist the Manager – Golf, Membership & Marketing to develop and produce the annual fixture book
- Assist with the organising and management of all Corporate Golf Days
- Assist in the preparations, logistics and run sheets for the Club’s Presentation Night
- Assist Manager – Golf, Membership & Marketing with the running of the Club’s special golf events including the Avondale Amateur, Avondale Seniors Medal and Ladies Silver & Bronze Salvers
- Contribute to the Club’s weekly e-newsletter
- Any other activities required from time to time to enable the smooth operation of the Club’s golfing activities
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
The position holder will have proven knowledge and experience in:
- Proficient in MiClub (preferred)
- Experience and knowledge within the golf industry
- A passion for golf
Key skills required by the position are:
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong customer service ethic
- Ability to work independently
- Extensive oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- A high degree of flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing and new situations
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility with the ability to work on weekends
Education / Qualification Requirements
- Qualification in Sport or Golf Management preferred but not required
- Acquire and or hold a Working with Children Certificate is mandatory for this appointment.
- Hold or acquire an RSA Competency Card.