An opportunity has become available for a highly experienced Golf Course Superintendent at Links Hope Island, one of Australia’s iconic resort golf destinations. Since its inception in 1993, it has consistently ranked as one of the most outstanding courses in Queensland.
Covering approximately 70 maintained hectares the course consists of 18 championship holes, 1 spare hole, driving range, chipping green, two practice putting greens and extensive clubhouse grounds. Links Hope Island boasts approximately 700 members and plays host to large scale corporate golf events, we are looking for a Superintendent who can continue our objective of enhancing the presentation and quality of the golf course playing surfaces and surrounds for our members and guests.
The Golf Course Superintendent at Links Hope Island Golf Club will be responsible for overseeing and managing all aspects of golf course maintenance and turf management. This role requires an experienced individual who can lead a high-performing team, build strong relationships with stakeholders, and ensure the course is presented to meet the expectations of club members. The successful candidate will report directly to the Club Manager.
- Manage all aspects of golf course maintenance, including turf management, irrigation systems, pest control, fertilisation programs, and equipment maintenance.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive agronomic plan to ensure optimal playing conditions throughout the year.
- Supervise a team of groundskeepers and provide guidance on daily tasks and long-term projects.
- Conduct regular inspections of the course to identify areas that require improvement or repair.
- Coordinate with external contractors for specialised services such as tree removal or landscaping projects.
- Monitor weather conditions and adjust maintenance practices accordingly to minimise damage or disruption to play.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health and safety regulations in relation to golf course operations.
- Collaborate with other departments within the club (e.g., Pro Shop, Food & Beverage) to coordinate activities that may impact course conditions or playability.
- Strong knowledge of golf course maintenance practices, including turfgrass species selection, irrigation systems, pest control methods, fertilisation programs, etc.
- Excellent leadership skills with experience in managing a diverse team effectively.
- Ability to build positive relationships with members, staff members from other departments, external contractors/vendors etc., ensuring open communication channels are maintained at all times
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions under pressure
- Proficient in using computer software
- Strong organisational skills with attention-to-detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in golf course maintenance, with at least 2 years in a supervisory or management role.
- Relevant qualifications in turfgrass management or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of Australian golf industry standards and regulations.
- Certification in chemical application and/or irrigation systems operation would be advantageous.