Coolangatta & Tweed Heads Golf Club comprises two Championship Golf Courses situated perfectly on the QLD/NSW border, with a rich tournament history and a strong membership base. The two courses have been ranked inside the Top 100 Public Access golf courses providing both challenging and enjoyable experiences for all golfers.
The Club also has extensive food and beverage facilities for members and guests. We are pleased to offer a role within the Pro-Shop team which prides itself on delivering great service to members and guests. The club has a very active membership with a high number of members and social rounds played each day.
This role will include a combination of pro-shop and operational duties and the successful candidate will have a passion for golf with the view of possibly undertaking the PGA Membership Pathway program in 2022 or 2023 or a currently in the Membership Pathway Program as the role is ideally suited to a 1st/ 2nd year PGA Associate.
- Great work ethic, with the willingness to be part of a team environment.
- Positive approach to customer service
- Good time management
- Excellent personal presentation
- Computer and POS literate (knowledge of Mi Club booking system is advantageous)
- Excellent people management skills.
- Ability to implement and follow club procedures.
- Flexibility in work hours with weekend work being essential to this role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outgoing and approachable personality.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has sales or retail experience.
- Has a passion for golf, plays golf and or has an adequate understanding of the game.
- Service focus with attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and enjoys working in a team environment.
- Be able to work flexible hours and required times.
- Impressive computer and communication skills.
- Own transport.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Selling golf equipment and all related products.
- Merchandising of stock in a professional manner.
- Receiving, storage and replenishing stock on the floor.
- Accurate recording and management of golf bookings and enquiries.
- Starting and Managing competition fields from the Pro-Shop.
- Finalising all competitions.
- Supervising pace of play (as needed)
- Maintaining the Pro-Shop to a high standard of cleanliness and presentation
- Any other tasks as deemed appropriate
- Presenting, maintaining, and cleaning a fleet of motorised carts.
- Maintenance of the driving range – picking up range balls
Position Remuneration / Entitlements:
The remuneration package will be guided by conditions for PGA Associates under the Amusements, Events & Recreation Award as well as commissions, coaching percentages offered.
This position is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate to be part of a progressive forward-thinking team. The successful candidate will have a flexible roster with weekend work essential.
Applications are to include: Cover Letter and CV.
Please forward applications to: Jared Love –
The closing date for applications will be the 17th November 2021 however interviews with suitable applicants will commence prior to this date and a position will be offered when a suitable applicant is found