As the Head of Female Engagement, you will play a lead role in implementing Australian Golf’s ‘Vision 2025’ strategy aimed at elevating the growth of female participation in golf at all levels throughout Australia. You will also play a key role in telling our story better.
Specifically, you will provide have outstanding leadership qualities and creative thinking that:
- Enables golf’s governing bodies to set an example to the rest of the sport in terms of female leadership representation on boards and in positions of responsibility
- Empowers female participation in golf at all levels throughout Australia
- Drives an increase in women’s leadership across all areas of the industry
- Drives male advocacy for gender equity in golf at all levels throughout Australia
- Establishes a framework and shares best practice to help golf clubs and facilities around Australia attract, welcome, retain, integrate, and engage women and girls through welcoming, inclusive environments and cultures (including offering shorter formats, forward tees, social experiences and flexible membership)
- Positively influences perceptions of golf among women and girls – including through ambassadors and influencers – and builds pride in the statement “I play golf”
- Drives female fan engagement with Australia’s marquee golf tournaments and tours, and
- Enables Golf Australia to lead and engage meaningfully with the myriad of internal and external stakeholders.
- Enables you to be a public ambassador for women and girls in Golf. This includes public speaking and media representation as required.
To be considered for this role it would be advantageous to have experience in developing and implementing national strategies and programs; be an innovative and strategic thinker with strong project management and business acumen; exhibit outstanding communication and organisational skills; in depth knowledge of strategy development and female engagement and participation; demonstrate excellent negotiation and stakeholder management skills; competently lead and work in project teams; understand brand and consumer needs; have the ability to write and deliver on strategic documents; build stakeholder buy-in with ease and have an understanding of trends in golf and/or broader sport in Australia.
The role would suit a highly motivated and growth mind-set individual who has a passion for growing opportunities for female participation in sport at all levels and for all ages.
What you will get in return:
Employment at Golf Australia provides a fantastic opportunity to work in a global sport and a chance to effect positive change and enhancements to the sport.
Golf Australia headquarters is based at the Australian Golf Centre – a brand new purpose-built high-performance facility, which includes state-of-the-art workspaces, free gym and discounted driving range and green fee access.
Golf Australia’s values of Service Driven, Diverse & Inclusive, Excellence, Fun, Dynamic and Team ensure a supportive culture that is flexible and inclusive for all individuals to thrive.
Given the popularity and profile of the sport of golf, this role is clearly one of the prized sport-participation roles in Australia