About Golf Australia:
Golf Australia is the governing body for golf in Australia.
Our goal is to raise the level of interest and participation in the game from grass roots through to elite golfers, to fans, volunteers and associated bodies.
Our key responsibilities include:
- ensuring clubs and facilities remain financially healthy
- developing programs and opportunities to engage as many people as possible into the game
- conducting events including the Australian Opens
- managing the Rules of Golf and the national handicap system.
About the Role:
Golf Australia exists to grow the game of golf to maximise the benefits the sport provides to current and future golfers, golf facilities and the Australian community.
The Participation Officer will provide ongoing delivery and support to the Golf Participation team across key strategic areas including: MyGolf (juniors), Get into Golf (adults) and My Golf (schools).
Specifically, the individual will deliver, facilitate, and support a wide range of participation programs or events that help foster the growth of golf nationally including:
- Administration across all national participation programs and communications with stakeholders, including marketing, data, reporting, customer service, payments etc.
- Delivery of the education sector component of the Australian Golf pathway and its associated programs i.e. Sporting Schools, School Ambassador
- Work across a variety of Diversity and Inclusion programs and initiatives
The Participation Officer will aid in identifying clubs/facilities support opportunities and challenges and liaising with key clubs/facilities support staff.
This individual will also play a key role in providing insight and shaping national strategy around the Australian golf pathway’s products and offerings on a regular basis.
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Participation Officer that has:
- Completed a relevant tertiary qualification is preferred (graduates will be considered)
- Strong task prioritisation ability
- Well-developed written and interpersonal communication skills with ability to liaise with a diverse range of people, both internally and externally
- Experience engaging with external stakeholders to drive participation and program outcomes
- Excellent knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- A valid Australian driver’s license
- Proof of COVID 19 Vaccination
What you will get in return:
Employment at Golf Australia will deliver a fantastic opportunity to work within a global sport environment and a chance to effect positive change and enhancements to the wider sporting community.
Golf Australia headquarters are based at the Australian Golf Centre – a brand new purpose-built high-performance facility, which includes state-of-the-art workspaces, free gym and discounted driving range and green fee access.
Golf Australia’s values of Service Driven, Diverse & Inclusive, Excellence, Fun, Dynamic and Team ensure a supportive culture that is flexible and inclusive for all individuals to thrive.