Situated just 30 minutes southeast of the CBD, Spring Valley Golf Club (SVGC) is home to one of Melbourne’s famous Sandbelt courses with a layout that ranks among Australia’s best.
Our 18 hole course, which measures 6161 metres from the championship tees, has been expertly designed to test players of all abilities. Designed by architect H.V. Morcom, it has played host to many prestigious tournaments over the years.
First opened in 1948, the course is held in universally high regard and was recently rated by Golf Australia magazine as the number 41 best course in Australia and among the top 10 in metropolitan Melbourne.
In addition to the well-kept golf course, Spring Valley is home to some excellent practice facilities, including two driving ranges, a 19th hole, an additional chipping green and a large practice green.
Spring Valley Golf Club is seeking proposals from potential lessees to take up residence at our Southern Driving Range.
The RFP has four parts:
2) Facilities available
3) Requirements of the applicants
4) Key dates and details
Part One: Services
SVGC is seeking proposals from interested parties (applicants) to secure rights to access the Southern Driving Range and other golf facilities at the Club, including the other practice facilities, the clubhouse facilities & the course.
Part Two: Facilities available
SVGC boasts an admirable practice facility set up with two driving ranges, a complete 19th hole short game area, a full size putting green next to the clubhouse.
Located on the Heatherton Road entrance to the Club, the Southern Range has a 50m wide turf tee, is approximately 285m long, and has an indoor coaching bay, in a secure coaching hut.
Shared with our Club Members, two-thirds of the tee can be accessed from dawn until dusk by the successful applicants.
Facilities available are:
- Shared space on the Southern Driving Range tee
- Shared space in the Southern Driving Range tee hut
- Limited access to the other practice facilities at the club
- Limited access to the golf course
- Limited access to the clubhouse
Access to the facilities is as follows: From Dawn until Dusk:
- Southern Driving Range Tee for one on one coaching and group clinics
(*noting that southern third of the tee is exclusively for Titleist; other two thirds to be shared with members)
- ‘19th Hole Chipping & Bunker Area for one on one coaching
- Practice Putting Green for one on one coaching
- Course Access during off peak times (pending bookings, but as a guide – after 2pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday; and after the field has crossed over on Saturday & Sunday), pending course availability – all access must be pre booked on timesheets via GSC. Access to the course – nominal green fees to apply for clients receiving lessons
- Clubhouse Access for all intents and purposes, the successful applicant will have access to use the facilities in the clubhouse during regular operating hours, and afters hours at pre-arranged functions if suitable
- Maintenance staff have right of way at all times. There is a maintenance schedule when areas will be closed
- Beginner clinics are limited to the southern range tee, and participants must use the synthetic mats provided and must be outside peak times
- Group (non-member) Clinics on the 19th hole chipping green, putting green and on course are limited (in capacity: 6 participants, and frequency: 2 weekly across all areas).
- Group (non-member) Clinics on the 19th hole chipping green and the putting green must take place outside peak times – (pending bookings, but as a guide – after 2pm daily)
- Group (non-member) Clinics on the southern range can take place at any time, however must be capped at 6 people on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday mornings.
- Additional clinics can be arranged with prior approval of the GM for a fee
- There is scope to participate in club member clinics and promotions (eg. new to golf, junior clinics, pennant support etc.)
Part Three: Requirements of the applicants.
Each bidder to this RFP is expected to describe their offer, including:
- A detailed description of what they will be using the facilities for, and what sort of traffic they would expect in their usage of the facilities
- What they will provide to SVGC and its members
- What they will pay (outline the make-up of the monthly fee for use of facilities)
- What they need from SVGC (any other additional requirements from the golf club)
- An outline of the benefits that will be seen by the SVGC Membership from having the successful applicants using the facilities
- Outline the benefits that will be seen by SVGC
- The Vision, Mission and Values of SVGC are outlined below; Applicants are required to point out how they fit into the realisation of these strategic statements, and how they can contribute to these moving forward.
Part Four: Planned Key dates and details
- Responses to be submitted to the club by COB 18 February 2022. Site visits must be pre-arranged with the GM.
- The interview/presentation process will be discussed with those who obtain an interview.
- It is expected that interviews/presentations from shortlisted applicants will be conducted in February 2022.
The key aspects for consideration from a club perspective are;
- The financial arrangements (outline the make-up of the monthly fee for use of facilities)
- What parties require, or would like from the club (including but not limited to access to members/website/marketing etc.)
- What parties require, or would like in terms of access to the facility, range, course etc.
- What are the tangible benefits to the club, the club members and the successful applicant
There is potential for there to be some capital investment in the facilities at the Southern Rage Tee – applicants are welcome to submit proposals on either one (as is) or both scenarios.
- Scenario one – As is (Required Response) – no capital investment
- Scenario two – (Optional Response) additional investment scenario. Involvement/contribution to potential capital works – such as additions/improvements to the facility
Addressed to the General Manager, Chris Poulton
Via Email: email@example.com
By: 5.00pm February 18, 2022