*This role has been relisted, previous applicants no need to apply again.
Established in 1911, The Victor Harbor Golf Club is located on the beautiful Fleurieu Peninsula, just a short one-hour drive south of Adelaide. The Fleurieu Peninsula offers South Australia’s finest coastal, scenic, and culinary experiences.
The region is home to the internationally renowned wine regions that are home of sustainable wine production, world-renowned labels, and unparalleled gastronomic experiences. The stunning landscape of rolling farmland and pristine sandy beaches, rugged coastlines and national parks offers the perfect place to holiday all year-round.
Managed by a Committee of Management appointed by the members, the Club administers all operations including the Proshop Hub, Club Bistro, The Bar and the Course. The well-maintained golf course has access to water for all-year-round irrigation which enables the greens to be kept in top condition.
The thriving club has 565 golfing members in all categories and the course is open every day except Christmas Day and attracts some 30,000 rounds of golf each year.
Victor Harbor Golf Club is known as the “birthplace of the Ambrose”. Named after Richard (Dick) Ambrose, an American from Holland, Michigan, U.S who introduced the game which he called ‘shotgun’ to Victor Harbor one Sunday afternoon, when a few golfing couples tried it out.
The General Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of the Club, including the golf course, the Pro Shop, food, and beverage facilities, special events and functions, administration and finance, maintenance, marketing, human resources, and membership services.
The General Manager is also responsible for delivering the Club’s strategic plan as set by the Committee of Management, to ensure the Club is commercially oriented and viable in the long term through high-quality and cost-effective services to members and guests.
Victor Harbor Golf Club is now searching for applicants that are highly experienced with a hospitality mindset to become their next General Manager.
Applicants will need to demonstrate:
- Experience in golf, or other sports hospitality venue in both food and beverage as well as functions and special events.
- Experience working with and the co-ordination of volunteers
- Experience in asset management, capital expenditure projects, occupational workplace health and safety procedures and compliance, governance, risk management, licensing and insurance.
- Ensure the annual budget is achieved.
- Ensure monthly reporting to Committee of Management with variance analysis and any corrective action required.
- Experience implementing strategies to promote membership growth including development of membership categories to achieve this.
- Develop and maintain a good relationship with the Club Members by being a good communicator, listener and being responsive to their needs
- Knowledge of golf course management and best practice.
- Knowledge of policies relating to Work, Health and Safety and associated standards and guidelines
- An understanding of the requirements of Liquor Licensing Act 1997
- An understanding of relevant awards and industrial matters
- Knowledge of accounting concepts and financial reporting
- The ability to review and interpret monthly accounts, experience to be able to prepare and submit a monthly/ yearly full set of financial accounts and budget as well as supporting management reports.
Applicants must have:
- Had golf club, sports club and/or resort management experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in management at a senior level.
- Knowledge of the legal and compliance obligations of the Club
- Sound financial management knowledge.
- Sound marketing knowledge across all mediums.
- Enthusiasm, professionalism, and integrity in performing their duties.
- Will be required to have or achieve accreditation for Working with Children and Responsible Service of Alcohol.
- A pleasant and friendly disposition and a strong commitment to excellent customer service
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills ensuring a service focused environment for staff, members, and visitors.
- Good leadership skills including time management, attention to detail and accuracy.
How to apply
For more information on Victor Harbor Golf Club, please visit their website.
Applications will strictly close on 29 May 2022
*Sorry no phone calls will be taken at this time and all applicants must already have a right to work in Australia. All applicants will be notified of their status by 1 June 2022.
**Victor Harbor Golf Club adheres to current state government guidelines when it comes to the vaccination status of its members, guest, and employees.