Strathfield Golf Club (Sydney) is now seeking a highly qualified and highly motivated Course Superintendent who will take the course from its initial grow-in period after reconstruction and develop it into a top class facility. The position has become available due to the incumbent relocating interstate for a new career opportunity.
The club has a brand-new clubhouse, which just won an international award for one of the best new clubhouses in the world, and a new course designed by well-known architect James Wilcher.
Financially the club is very secure, with a large investment corpus, and is now looking for a Course Superintendent who will continually develop the course and present it to the highest standard.
The course redevelopment included the building of 14 new greens, 16 new tee boxes, and a completely new course routing. Click here for overview
Primary role and responsibilities
- Reports directly to the General Manager, and works closely Greens Committee,
- Maintaining and improving the very high playing surface standards,
- Maintaining and improving all green keeping practices, policies and procedures to ensure optimal and consistent results,
- Regular attendance at and contributions to committee meetings.
Required qualifications and experience for the role:
- Minimum 5-years’ experience in a senior role,
- Significant experience successfully managing bent grass green complexes,
- Demonstrated experience in course management in a parkland course with Kikuyu fairways, couch tees and green surrounds,
- One or more of Certificate in Turf and Greenkeeping, Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Agriculture or Horticulture (Turf),
- Comprehensive reporting and sound communication skills will be a necessity in the role,
- A member of the Australian Golf Course Superintendents Association (AGCSA) or similar organisation,
- Experience in managing a team of staff and superior people skills,
- Effectively managing operational and capital budgets whilst maximising savings through improved efficiencies,
- Experience in course programme development and management,
- Strong knowledge of irrigation systems and water management.
Additional skills and expertise in the following areas will be regarded favourably:
- A sound knowledge and appreciation for the game of golf would be looked at favourably,
- Demonstrated organizational skills and accurate record keeping, analysis and reporting to various stakeholders,
- Strong track record in environmental management and practises together with Safework compliance,
- Experience in developing and implementing a comprehensive landscaping and beautification plan for the course.
Please submit your Cover letter and CV Attention: Neil Hardy General Manager via clicking this link
Applications will close COB 21 July 2019.
*All applicants must currently have full working rights in Australia.