Massey Park Golf Club is an 18 hole par 66 course located in the Inner Western Suburbs of Sydney and has a current membership of approximately 2000 including approximately 630 golfing members in various categories.
The club is seeking to employ a member of the PGA as the club’s Head Golf Professional. The full-time position will report directly to the General Manager and be responsible for the management of Golf Operations to achieve strategic objectives, provide excellent customer service and provide quality Pro-shop services including retail, golf tuition, and repairs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management of all aspects of the Pro-shop including customer service, staff management and development, oversight of service delivery, stock control, money handling, and purchasing.
- Maintenance of equipment including cart fleet to ensure they are operating properly.
- Manage the club’s golf program in conjunction with the General Manager and Captain.
- Manage all golf events, manage member and social bookings, start and marshal fields in conjunction with the Golf Committee.
- Set up and develop a successful golf tuition program to service existing members/customers and attract new clientele with a strong focus on an engaging junior development program.
- Develop marketing and promotion strategies for the Golf Course, Pro-shop and Club and be an active part of the Course and Club Management team.
- Ensure all purchasing is correctly accounted and ensure a correct balance of staffing resources is allocated to match budgetary and customer service requirements.
- Maintain effective stock and financial control.
To be considered for the position applicants must possess the following:
- Certified under the PGA ACE Program
- Experience in Golf Operations including tournament and golf event management
- Experience in Golf Retail including all facets of buying and merchandising
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Knowledge and experience in managing budgets
- Ability to implement and improve policies and procedures
- Computer skills including MS Office and booking system knowledge. Experience with Micropower/Powergolf desirable
- A high degree of flexibility and the ability to adapt to new situations.
- The ability to work independently, organise work, set priorities and meet deadlines.
Please forward your CV with a covering letter via the Apply tab below:
Massey Park Golf Club
Applications close at 5.00pm on 30 October 2021