The Royal Melbourne Golf Club, ranked amongst the best in the world and host to numerous national and international events is seeking an Events Coordinator.
This is a unique opportunity to join a prestigious Club and bring your passion for exceptional customer service and planning skills to join a team of hospitality professionals.
The Events Coordinator will be responsible for promoting and coordinating all internal and external Club events and the delivery of exceptional service to our members and visitors through high-quality events and functions. The successful candidate will be a strong all-rounder with at least 3 years’ of experience in planning and executing functions and events from start to finish. They will be enthusiastic and passionate and show initiative with a can-do attitude and will work well and calmly when busy whilst maintaining deadlines, processes and procedures.
The dynamic position involves collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and responsiveness to the needs of members and visitors. This diverse, hands-on role requires energy, attention to detail and excellent IT, administration, organisational and communication skills.
Responsibility and Requirements
- Ensure members and guests receive an experience that exceeds their expectations
- Ensure all function staff have appropriate training and supervision
- Review and make recommendations on menus and prices in conjunction with the Head Chef and F&B Manager
- Liaise with the F&B Manager to ensure adequate staff are rostered to provide an excellent level of service to Members and guests
- Maintain a professional image and excellent presentation on duty at all times
- Attend all meetings and training sessions as required
- Be responsible for the promotion of Royal Melbourne’s functions venue to both Members and non-members within Club guidelines.
- Be able to provide information to the accounts department for invoices to be generated and sent to function clients. Payments are to be followed up in accordance with established procedures
- Act as a host for all major internal Club functions and large external functions as required
- Act as a member of the front of house service team as required
- Design and implement appropriate system and procedures to ensure smooth and efficient running of relevant events
- Ensure all policies, procedures and standards and guidelines are complied with
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
Ideally, we are looking for a professional with a minimum of three years of experience in a similar role with excellent written, communication and time management skills and who will have the opportunity to work in a happy, supportive team environment.