Grab ‘The Frog’. Realise its Potential.
Dotted with majestic River Reds and Ghost Gums, historic bluestone walls, lazing kangaroos, and beautiful views across the surrounding landscape, Growling Frog is one of Melbourne’s most-loved public access golf courses.
Designed by the acclaimed Graham Marsh and located in the heart of one of Australia’s fastest growing municipalities, Growling Frog represents an outstanding opportunity for an astute operator.
The 18-hole par 72 course is set on a 129-hectare site of picturesque, gently undulating land and winds its way through spectacular ancient trees with views of the Great Dividing Range. An inspiring setting that provides golfers with a truly unique experience.
Boasting first-class facilities including a restaurant and café, dedicated driving range, putting green, chipping green and practice bunkers, current and future potential exists to drive additional golfing income, together with a host of complementary income and development opportunities.
The City of Whittlesea (Council) built Growling Frog to provide an exceptional golf experience for its residents and visitors to the region. Council is now requesting Expressions of Interest from suitable parties to secure a long-term lease of the site (up to 30 years) to help realise Growling Frog’s outstanding potential.
Council is seeking and encouraging new ideas and innovative ways to evolve Growling Frog.
Some ways to realise its potential:
- Golf – improved performance and commercial outcomes via increasing golf visitation (rounds), golf services and golf retail.
- Hospitality – improved performance and commercial outcomes via increasing golf and hospitality visitation. Also, the potential for expanded function and events area.
- Driving Range – improved performance and commercial outcomes via development of new contemporary golf entertainment and hospitality experience.
- Land – new and significant commercial outcomes via development of new facilities, services and experiences.
- Population – local demand for golf, sport, recreation, leisure, hospitality and other relevant facilities, services and experiences will continue to grow.
For further information, including the Expression of Interest documentation, visit https://www.grabthefrog.com/.
All enquiries please contact:
Barnaby Stevenson +61 431 161 185
Guy Chapple +61 417 034 684