Situated on Sydney’s Northern Beaches, Elanora Country Club is a Private Members’ club established in 1928. The Club features an 18 hole golf course, renovated Clubhouse and a range of first class sporting facilities and private accommodation for the enjoyment of the Club’s Members, their guests and reciprocal club members. This a unique opportunity to join the senior management team of this highly regarded Club.
Reporting to the General Manager, it carries responsibility for supporting the Club’s operations with a focus on Operational and Systems Management, as well as Sports Management and Administration.
The Operations & Sports Manager is responsible for the day to Operations of the Club including:
- Day to Day Operational/Duty Management of Club Activities;
- Oversight of Sports Administration;
- Chair of the WH&S Committee;
- Management of Activities & Sporting Operations; including Tennis, Bowls, Bridge and Croquet;
- Supervision of the Lodge and Accommodation;
- Supervision of Cleaning (part contract/part in-house), Security of the Club’s assets and Maintenance;
- Development and Optimisation of Club Systems;
- Reviewing and updating Operations Manuals and Standard Operating Procedures & Policies;
- Management of the Club’s Website, including Content and Bookings;
- Managing Maintenance Cycles and Preventative Maintenance Schedule;
- Managing the compilation and production of the Annual Club Program; and
- Assisting with the Annual Planning Cycles, e.g. Budget, Benchmarking.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have strong interpersonal skills with a friendly and professional approach;
- Be passionate about providing outstanding member service;
- Have a relevant tertiary qualification and at least 4 years’ management experience;
- Have experience in sports administration and hospitality management;
- Be very tech savvy with strong computer literacy and a demonstrable systems approach;
- Be able to demonstrate strength in people management;
- Active involvement in a number of the Clubs committees and sub-committees;
- Have strong cost control skills and financial analysis and reporting;
- It is necessary to have an understanding of golf formats, golf rules and regulations;
- Understand and have experience in a private member club; and
- Be a positive and enthusiastic team player with the ability to work independently on a variety of tasks and projects.
Own transport is essential and it would be desirable to live within a 30 minute drive of the Club.
The position will work weekends with rostered days off through the week, and one weekend off per month.
The salary package will be based on knowledge, experience and expertise.
To be successful in this position you will demonstrate previous experience working in a similar environment.
Please forward your cover letter addressed to the General Manager, Cathy Neagle with your resume outlining your relevant experience to: email@example.com.
Applications close on Saturday, 14th July 2018.
*Only Short-listed Candidates will be contacted*
Elanora Country Club Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.